WELCOME TO THE UW-MADISON DANCE DEPARTMENT WHERE
dance students have a unique opportunity to study with a world-class faculty, in state-of-the-art facilities at one of the top public universities in the country. We offer:
- An interdisciplinary rigorous approach to dance studies.
- Options to pursue a double-major.
- Excellent teacher-student ratios.
- Numerous performance opportunities, including work with renowned guest artists.
- Scholarships and summer awards to students with exceptional promise.
- Preparation to dance professionally, pursue graduate training, teach, and pursue careers in arts administration, health care, business, and more.
Auditions into the dance degree program are held annually in November and February.
If you are a prospective student interested in visiting the Dance Department, you can begin planning your visit here.